Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pizza Biscuits

When you're hungry and there truly isn't much you can throw together to make a meal without defrosting chicken, you resort to blog searching. I remembered seeing English Muffin Pizzas and I've made pizzas on tortillas with lunch meat, sauce and cheese on the grill, but I didn't have english muffins or tortillas or even lunch meat. I also hadn't decided on my meals for the week so I didn't see a reason to go grocery shopping today. (That has now been decided so I will be shopping tomorrow!)

After much searching high and low, I decided to make bagel biscuit pizzas. You know, like Bagel Bites, but on a biscuit. I really try hard not to buy junk food because I will eat it and also because I'm becoming more aware of processed foods and trying to eat healthier with more whole foods. While I doubt this recipe leads in either the healthy or whole foods direction, I'm at least aware of what I put on them!

I started with the basics, buttermilk biscuits, leftover spaghetti sauce and shredded cheese.

 

After cooking the biscuits, I opened two to make into the pizzas. 

 

Then I added a little sauce, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Afterwards I sprinkled some shredded Italian cheese on each and toasted them in the toaster oven. 


 While not the best dinner ever, they were quick, easy and very tasty. I liked them better than store bought bagel bites too!  And they were ready in about 20 minutes. 



Linking up with: 

1 comment:

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.