Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm Not Exactly an Artist...

It started with a text:

"New game for us: Draw Something. Download it."

And that was the end. I was addicted and I've gone through my phone's battery twice in 24 hours. I'm not knocking the iPhone's battery because it's always treated me well. I have just played that many games. 

Think Pictionary minus the time limit and that horrible board game part of it. 


And in this game there are letters at the bottom to help you guess. Some work and some don't.

Sometimes it's easy to guess the picture...



 and other times I text the drawer to seek advice. 

(Eminem)


 Or friends of the drawer...


Much to your confusion, the picture above has nothing to do with a turkey, Thanksgiving, gobble, feathers, Indians, Jake, lurkey, or any other turkey word you might be coming up with. It's a peacock. 

I think the game is still new, some kinks will surely be worked out over time, but until then this game is very amusing. After you watch the player guess your drawing and you begin watching theirs, you are stuck if you can't figure out "peacock" even though it's a sure-fire turkey. You can't go back, you can't try someone else's and all you can do is think about every word in the world you know that doesn't make you think "Peacock!"


I occasionally write hint words on my pictures, such as "Mona" to help one understand my rendition of the Mona Lisa. Wasn't that your first thought?

Disclaimer: I have no connection to the makers of the app. I think it's quite fun and worthy of a good blog post. 

6 comments:

  1. I've ignored my children for 24 hours straight thanks to this game. Oh yes. I'm addicted too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What ever will we do when we have to work tomorrow?!

      Delete
  2. HAHAHAHA! Love it! My phone battery (which was awful anyway) is SHOT after two rounds of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be nice to have time for games on the phone!!!!! Had to pull weeds all morning & worked at Leola's all afternoon.....I'm pooped & have almost a full battery on my phone. Mark your calendar to watch the parade next year. It's really fun & great for people-watching. Also, if you've not eaten at the Pizza House on C-Street, you should try it (before next year). Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Pizza House, but I've heard great things about it. I'm putting it on my to-do list!

      Delete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.