I don't know why, but I've always liked similar music. My brother is the one with great musical taste and knows all the lyrics. He likes to quiz me about lyrics with the intentions of making me realize how few lyrics I can correctly recite. However, these 5 songs I do know by heart. They are my favorites!
1. The first one is a favorite because my Uncle Andrew wrote the music for the soundtrack, Ladyhawke, but I also used to ride on my rocking horse in the living room to theme song ("Main Title") over.and.over.and.over. (Not recently, more like when I was about 3 years old!) It's also a really good love story and a fave movie.
2. "Just to See You Smile" by Tim McGraw is truly one of my favorites. The summer of 2006 was fantastic for many reason and quite possible one upping a college trip to Egypt that summer was seeing my man, Tim McGraw and not only that but touching his hand. I also mouthed the words "I LOVE YOU" completely involuntarily by my brain, it was my heart talking. And then probably the most hilarious thing happened right after that as my friend captured the look on my face. I.JUST.TOUCHED.TIM.MCGRAW'S.HAND.AND.TOLD.HIM.I.LOVE.YOU. He was singing "Just to See You Smile" as he walked by me, touched my hands and made eye contact with me. I have this all on video on my camera. Priceless.
4. "Dog Days Are Over" by Florence + The Machine was the theme song for working on my master's degree. My entire degree was online. I only went to campus to graduate. That took a lot of self-discipline to work on projects and assignments over what seemed like every single day of my life for three semesters. Apparently this song has a great tempo while typing and would keep me distracted from watching tv. Apparently it brings out some of my greatest work and still makes me smile and puts a little pep in my step.
5. "Hold My Hand" by Hootie and the Blowfish. I have no real defining reasons, but Cracked Rear View is one of my most favorite cds ever. I just love this song. There is something calming about this song and the cd.
Check out the others who linked up over at Moments that Define Life.


I love that picture of you!!!!!!! Another fun one!
ReplyDelete