Thursday, March 15, 2012

Out With The Old

This week has been magnificent. Spring Break weather has never looked and felt so good! With temps in the upper 70's and low 80's, I even turned on my AC last night. I refuse during the day, I love having the sunlight shine in and have the patio door open. I couldn't have asked for a better week.

I also got in the mood to purge the old and clean everything in sight. I don't know what strikes me, but when I get in this zone I am on a mission. One of the reasons I now love cleaning the bathtub, (yes, Mom, I'm surprised I said it too) is the "Best cleaning solution ever" found on Pinterest. It's equal parts Blue Dawn dish soap mixed with White Vinegar. Simple enough, cheap and very easy to have the materials on hand when I need to make more. I put it in a one dollar squirt bottle I found at  Walgreens.

 

This cleans my tub better than any store bought cleaner around.  I spray everything and let it set for about 30 minutes before I scrub it off. I also use it on the bathroom and kitchen sinks. This leaves them shiny and sparkly. 

Another new cleaner I've found that I really like is J.R. Watkins All-Purpose spray.


 I'm finishing the lemon scent and just bought the Grapefruit scent. It's made from natural products, and from their website "Watkins is devoted to leaving the smallest environmental footprint possible." And because my mom has taught me the importance of recycling I've also decided I like companies who are following a similar mindset. Watkins is also available at Target and sadly they didn't have the orange scent or else I might have bought all of them. 

After all of the cleaning, I decided to weed through my closet. I've not only pulled clothes I haven't worn in forever, I also PRICED them for the garage sale in July! I'm not sure what kick I was on, but it sure was a good one. 

Mainly sweaters and shoes, but at least they are out of sight and now out of mind. Come July, I'll pull these from the other closet they are currently in and hopefully sell them all!

Every good Spring purge needs some new fun items, right?

After a great trip to Leola's, I found this wire tray.


It's perfect for my coffee table. It also holds the pool balls I picked up last summer at a few different garage sales and never found the right place to display them and I love it! I also bought the best turquoise mixer bowl, which I yet to decide how I will display it. 

And I stopped by Target....which was really for the many essentials I was waiting to buy, but along the way I found these. 


I'm not sold on the scarf. I like it, but I'm still not sure about it. The blue flats, I love. So perfect for spring and summer and very comfy!

I also found these. 


I tried on the leopard ones and felt like Snooky. They were sooo tall I could hardly walk. My dearest pal, Jesse tried on the blue ones and we had a small fashion show up and down the aisle at Target. Thankfully, I also have better taste than to buy either of these incredibly high heels, but it's always fun to give them a try. I am always reminded I'm better when I'm closer to the ground. 

I suppose my cleaning spree week was inspired by my favorite Starbucks drinks. And the fact I realized how to transfer all of my tiny balances from multiple cards onto one main card. Due to my new found wisdom, I also earned this amazing message:


Wha-bam! I've got a gold card! I've got a gold card! I've got a GOLD CARD! HEY HEY HEY HEY!

And to think there are still 3 more days left of my break. I could climb mountains by then!


3 comments:

  1. LOVE the shoes. YAY FOR GOLD STARBUCKS STATUS!!!!!! YAHOO for great spring break weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to wait 6-8 weeks for my Gold Card!!

      Delete
  2. Let me clarify. The blue flats.

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.