Cheers to my most favorite five things of the week.
- New shoes and a new jacket to wear on the first day back to school. The jacket was bought BEFORE the Gap Outlet sent me an email featuring several new items. I've never bought something before I saw it advertised as being "in!" The shoes from Target required 4 band-aids. One on each big toe and one on the back of each heel. It's the usual "Spring sandal blisters" and not uncomfortable shoes. I still think they are oh-so-cute and I really didn't even mean to buy both things in cobalt blue, but I suppose I'm feeling the color for Spring!
![]() | |
| Gap Outlet email |
- I happened to make the most amazing soup this week. I do like leftovers, but I know my limits and usually a meal or two is all I can handle. This soup has been my lunch and dinner allllll week and I am still not sick of it. I couldn't believe how easy it was and ever so simple. Creamy Tomato Tortellini or as I decided "Get Yourself a Husband Soup".
- Spring weather is here, it's cooled off since last week and with cooler rainy temps, the grass is the most beautiful green, buds and leaves are on the trees and the best Spring colors are all around! It makes me smile, I just love it! Too bad this picture is blurry!
- I tried so hard not to jump on this bandwagon. I am not a fan of the Twilight books (please keep reading my blog even if that comment just knocked the breath out of you!) I don't know why, I'm not a vampire fan and I guess I really didn't want to let myself like them. I bought the Hunger Games book this time last year. Read a chapter during the summer, liked it, but I was too busy to keep reading. My brother saw it on my coffee table last week, took it and read 1/3 of the book that first day and finished it a few days later. The trailers look amazing. The stars are all over E! News and Pinterest and I decided I better start it again before I see the movie. I read the first chapter last night and would have read more if I didn't have to work today and if I didn't fall asleep right at the end. I will however be finishing the book before I see the movie. My brother bought the second book yesterday and I will purchase the third when I put in a book order next week. Gotta love Scholastic bonus points!
- And most importantly, two boys were brought into my life this week! Sorry, not a Bachelorette style drama, but my Bachelor{ette} watching buddies! Nancy delivered Baby D Wednesday- two weeks early. I am so excited for her and can't wait to meet this precious little man. Ashley found out she is having a little baby boy on Wednesday as well! Snips and sails, and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of!
So thankful it's Friday and I'll be even more thankful when I get to sleep in on Saturday!
What topped the list for your week?
Linking up with From My Grey Desk:



We have the same thing on the last one!! Yay for our girls!
ReplyDeleteHunger Games: read it.
I hate breaking in the flip flop and sandal feet! PAIN!
I thought that was pretty funny we both put it as the last one!
DeleteI finished chapter 2 before I went to bed. I could easily stay up to read more if it were still Spring Break!
So glad you are finally getting into it!!! EEK! I want to read it again but decided to wait until after the movie. Yeah for little boys! Little freaked out already.
ReplyDelete