1.. This week was Teacher Appreciation Week at my school. Our PTO is phenomenal, top-notch, better than any other, kind of PTO. They spoil us like none other. Each day this week was a theme and the amount of delicious food was overflowing. Monday was "Thanks-a-Latte" there were 2 Keurigs with unlimited choices and many creamer flavors. (I think I might need to
Tuesday was my all-time fave, ballpark food. By 8:15 am, I had already eaten my usual breakfast along with a soft pretzel and nachos with real nacho cheese and movie theater popcorn after lunch. WOWZERS. Wednesday was BBQ from a local place, Thursday was sweets day. I didn't think I would be tempted today, but there were several Pinterest inspired treats and who was I kidding? Cream cheese stuffed strawberries and there was even the chocolate chip cookie, Peanut Butter Cup, brownie layered creation- Priceless. (Similar recipe, but not sure if it's the exact one)
Today we have chair massages! I scored two Starbucks cards and lots of goodies each day from one of my families. I felt very loved this week!
2.. Sooo if you made it through the best part of my week without dreaming of a Cardinals game and ballpark food or trying the latest and greatest Pinterest recipes, you are strong. Incredible willpower you have. Me, not so much. This week on the Biggest Loser competition, we gained. Surprising, right?! 3:50pm is game on for healthy eating again. Thankfully, I'm totally hooked on Barre and visited 4 times this week, so I was maybe able to work off a couple bites of the brownie thing or a sliver of the pretzel. I'm hooked as in it brings an incredible elongating pain in my legs, arms, and abs. It's also 87 degrees in the room and I sweat it out, but it brings such a calm and peace by the end of the hour. If you live near a studio, you MUST try it!
3.. Last Saturday was my brother's last and final chance to go to Prom. His girlfriend will be graduating in a few weeks. I just love her friends, they always do the funniest poses and the pictures are endless. She looked gorgeous and he looked mighty handsome. He didn't start getting ready until 15 minutes before we needed to leave for pictures- typical boy.
| Playing on the computer 45 minutes before we left. Not feeling rushed at all. |
| LOVE this! Prompted to look awkward and the door right behind my brother makes it even better. |
| W-O-W |
5.. Tried out the Velata I posted about last week and it was incredible. To go along with my week of great eats, it was up there with the best of them. Everyone at work loved the Caramel Chocolate flavor and the warmer was on all day and the chocolate never burned or bubbled. If you haven't heard about it or want to try it for yourself, check it out! Not to mention this new company under the Scentsy Family started on Tuesday, so this company is starting from the ground up. At only $99 to join, you will receive more than $100 in product you can sell, so for all my readers looking for a little extra cash, this is the perfect opportunity!
Linking up with Lauren:

Yay for Velata! I can't wait to try it! And yay for not matching toes and nails!
ReplyDeleteMy toes are still going strong, my nails look like a few are ready to chip. I suppose shellac is the way to go.
DeleteLove the bright colors on your nails...and your school's appreciation week sounds awesome - we had a spa day but I think I would rather have food!
ReplyDeleteThe food was really, really good!
DeleteI bought a flat of strawberries at the farmer's mkt. last night so may have to try some of your recipes. My sweet tooth is going crazy!
ReplyDeleteI highly recommend the chocolate chip, pb cup and brownie. The grandchildren would love it!
DeleteOkay... you are working on me with this Barre thing. I am getting more and more curious.
ReplyDeleteDo it! DOOOOO IT! Wednesday night from 6:30-7:30 is the community class so it's only $5.
DeleteYour week sounds like it was so great! I've heard so much about Barre classes, and I really want to try one at some point... Especially if it works like it's supposed to. :)
ReplyDeleteTheir monthly newsletter came out Thursday and said if you go 4 days a week, you will see very noticeable changes by Memorial Day!
DeleteWow, teacher appreciation week sounds incredible in your building! I hope my PTO is as great as yours :)
ReplyDeleteWe are pretty darn lucky to have such a great PTO!
DeleteI love your spring nails and those desserts sound (and look) amazing!
ReplyDeleteThank you, I love looking at the bright colors!
Deletechair massages?! daydreaming now ...
ReplyDeleteThe chair massage was wonderful!!
DeleteI loveeeee your manicure color!! What color is that??
ReplyDeleteThank you! It's an OPI polish, I think it was 3 or 4 words and Hot was one of them.
DeleteLove the spring nails!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Baylee!
DeleteHey Andrea!
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower from The Sasse Life hop.
Great blog, nice to "meet" you! :)
Sarah
http://craftingandcreativity.blogspot.ca/