Wednesday, May 30, 2012

6 Weeks

6 weeks from this very moment (10:02pm Central Time) I plan to be painting in my home! That's right, I'm officially under contract. The house is yet to be complete, it's a new construction and won't be able to sign for 6 more weeks.

From the moment it was mine, my mind went crazy with ideas. Curtains, rugs, painting, thrifting, potted plants, a full garden, patio furniture, a pantry to organize, a laundry room to decorate. The possibilities are endless. That is until your realtor puts you on a spending freeze.

FROZEN.

F.R.O.Z.E.N.

Spend no extra money other then your essential weekly spending, groceries/gas/bills. Not an extra penny until after you sign. Sometimes they check your account the night before and other times the day you sign.

So here I sit with my vivid imagination, my laptop and a pile of virtual ideas.

Target allows you to create a List. Similar to any kind of handwritten list, but it's a virtual Target list and you can make as many as you want. Let's just say my list is growing for things I never needed in an apartment. It's growing so much, that this is what greeted me when I visited the site earlier this week.


I've spent countless hours on Pinterest. The boards I've created in the past have led to great thinking about paint colors. And when you can't spend money on paint, you collect paint chips. Lots and lots of paint chips. Who knew there were so many variations of gray?

On a side note, gray or grey? According to a site here, grAy is American, but grEy is English. My mom is from England and still writes the English variation to words. No wonder I was confused!

When it gets too tempting to spend money on a house, I have been spending my time with other productive activities, such as working out and trying new recipes from Pinterest- appetizing posts to follow in the coming weeks and watching HGTV.

...Did anyone else not realize House Hunters, Property Virgins, My First Place and any of those other shows are a load of baloney?! I looked at far more than 3 houses, it's taken much longer then 30 minutes (I did know that),the camera crew failed to show up. I wasn't under contract by the end of my meal at the restaurant with my realtor, but fairly close and I doubt anyone is paying for one of my rooms to be furnished when I sign the papers.

However, I am still watching those shows. Daily.

So until I am allowed to spend money again, I will spend an awful amount of time planning, cooking, napping, working out, Instagraming (amspd6) and playing on my new app, Phonto, adding font to my iPhone pictures.

(This wall screams black and white chevron)

To be continued....


3 comments:

  1. Grey/gray has perplexed me for years.

    Yahooooooo for youuuuu! I'm ready to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! I can still remember the excitment of my first house. Even if you can't spend any money, hope to see you tomorrow night. What an amazing accomplishment for a young single woman. Enjoy! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't to see it in person!!! Ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.