Welcome, welcome Friday. You don't know how excited I am to see you again. Only one more for this school year (and that's assuming I survive next Friday's field trip to Jefferson City).
Cheers to the five best things for the week!
1.. My new necklace from Bits of Splendor's shop, she has a great blog too if you haven't already heard of her! This is my second necklace purchase from her and I'm holding back the urge to buy a ring or two. Not to mention, her packaging makes it almost tempting to not open the box.
2.. New followers! I suppose this hasn't happened just this week, but my numbers have jumped quite a bit in the last month or so. Welcome new friends, I'm so glad you think I'm worthy of following!
3.. The smile on one of my student's faces when he brought me $7 to order him Catching Fire in the book order and telling him I also ordered him Mockingjay- because he can't read the second without getting the third. He told me he would try to find $7 more dollars to pay me back, but I used my Scholastic bonus points (book order talk for all the non-teachers out there). Because really I don't need those bonus points to buy the Target gift card, and seeing a child find a book series they can't put down is truly priceless.
4.. Making yet another delicious recipe (I'll post soon) out of wonton wrappers this week. I made Taco Cups and they are so good. To go with it, I also made homemade salsa which made for a delicious week-long meal. The homemade guac was mighty tasty, but the next morning when it turned brown I decided I would not be trying it unless it's fresh- note to self!
5.. Bowling in a place that glows in the dark! This week we took the 4th graders to celebrate MAP testing being over. They thought the place was awesome and really had a blast, but when the lights went off and the black lights/glow in the dark stuff came on, they were quite pleased. I bowled a magnificent 63 in my first game and we had to cut the second game short as it was time to leave. I lost to two other teachers, the principal and our PE teacher. I will probably never live that down. I excel in other areas than bowling!
It's a big weekend for my sweet cousin, Brittany, she is graduating from Mizzou. I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures to post soon.
Enjoy the weekend!
Linking up with Lauren:

Awwwww. So sweet that you bought the book! And if she makes more of those necklaces, alert me STAT!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have to stalk her website, instagram is the best way to find out when she adds more. I'll keep you posted!
DeleteGo check my blog. Award for you!
Deletethat necklace is GORGEOUS. and yeah that is SO sweet you bought that book. I am about to start Mockingjay - I read books 1 and 2 so quickly!
ReplyDeleteThat necklace is amazing! I see some online shopping in my future. I am a big fan of Beatrix Bell handcrafted jewelry, similar style.
ReplyDeleteLove that necklace! I see some online shopping in my future. Her style reminds me of Beatrix Bell handcrafted jewelry. Im a big fan of hers. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteLove the necklace & really love that you cared enough for your student that you wanted him to have both books. Have a fun weekend. Jan
ReplyDeleteOh wow, the packaging for that necklace is really gorgeous! Love it! Have a great weekend - and congrats to your cousin! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the necklace, looks a little like the ones for my wedding. And look at that tender heart of yours :)
ReplyDeleteAwww. You're a nice teacher. I love it.
ReplyDeleteI just saw this! So sweet! So glad you love it! :)
ReplyDelete