Friday, May 25, 2012

High Five for Friday!

Did you realize it's already Friday? I had no idea! Seriously. My days have already jumbled.

1.. School is out for summer as of Tuesday. I think that's why my days are already out of whack. My mind is still in early morning mode (which I really don't mind, I'm a morning person) and I can also lay on the couch playing on the computer listening to the tv for endless hours in the evening without an early bedtime. Priceless.

2.. The house hunting search has begun! And by begun, I mean my current lease ends June 30 and I don't want to sign for July. In one week, I've looked at 17 houses and my amazing realtor is ever so patient with me. I LOVE her! Truly love her. Some houses were instant no's, some were maybes and some were yes from the get go. My top two choices were both pulled out from under me in a matter of 15 minutes on Thursday. I was literally standing in choice number 2 when a lady showed up to say her sister was signing the papers at noon. It was 12:30 at the time. After driving to look at another and my realtor calling on my first choice, we realized it already had 2 offers over the asking price and being a foreclosure it was a great steal.  I found one I loved earlier in the week but it was over my price range and that same night it went into a short sale. Short sale does not mean it's going to happen quick. I'm learning the hard way. My mom is incredible during the searching, she takes notes on the houses as well as some of my comments to refer back to later.

3.. I found a house I love. It's perfect in every way. I can't say anything I would change about it at all and it's move in ready (after construction is complete). I will hopefully be putting in an offer today sometime. Cross your fingers all works out well. It will make numerous appearances on this little blog. I've found Pinterest ideas for the rooms already, but I can't give more details until it's mine. I know this now after losing 3 of my first house loves. They weren't meant to be for a reason though.

4.. My garage sale pile has increased! I started a pile months ago, but now after changing schools in the fall, I brought home all most of my personal classroom things and I have way more than I need. Extra garage sale money equals more money for home supplies!

5.. Last weekend we celebrated a fellow teacher with a "Farewell to Education" non-retirement party. She's off to start a new chapter in her life and the get together was great fun. We took an evolution of third grade photo. These are the teachers who have taught third grade at my building over the last nine years in order of hiring from left to right. It's always been a 4-man team until the last two years when it went down to a 3-man team. It's not the only picture I took this week, but I'm not jinxing myself with the house so those who know me outside of the blog I'll gladly email pictures!



Happy Holiday Weekend! Hopefully a more detailed house post will be in the works next week.

Linking up with Lauren:


5 comments:

  1. I love house hunting! It is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO EXCITED for this to happen!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep me posted today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the offer, I will keep you in my thoughts!! So exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the roller coaster of house buying. I remember when we went to look at our house the first thing the agent said was "some one already has an offer in, if you want it you need to put in an offer today" Um, today?! We had to pass and I was pretty bummed about it. Then about a week later we got a call saying the original buyer had backed out! Fast forward a bunch and as we were signing the closing paperwork the original buyer called back because she changed her mind and wanted the house again. Talk about a lucky break! It's really exciting to find a home, enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for house buying, garage sale pile building, and summerTIME!!!! WOO TO THE HOOO!

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.