Last summer I thought I was absolutely genius to think of making my favorite meals in muffin pans. I thought lasagna would be my first choice because it is always so messy when you make a big batch and I hate it when it does hold it's place after you begin cutting it. I decided to Google the idea to see if there were any ideas out there and apparently, I wasn't a genius and people regularly make things in muffin pans.
My most recent muffin pan recipe involved a little help on cooking time, but the rest of it was my usual a little of this, a dash of that and then the final masterpiece. I did receive a lot of compliments on these tacos all week at work! I really don't like store-bought salsa and now that it's almost summertime I decided to make my first batch and even got a wild hair and made guacamole for the first time!
Muffin Pan Tacos- Makes 15 tacos
Guide recipe, but didn't follow
Wonton wrappers (15)
9 oz. ground turkey
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
1 teaspoon onion powder
sprinkle of shredded cheese
1 Tablespoon homemade salsa (recipe below)
Directions: Brown meat and add seasonings as the meat is cooking. While the meat is cooking, heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and place one wonton wrapper in each spot and cook for 3-4 minutes. After wonton wrappers are lightly toasted, add browned meat mixture (about 2 teaspoons of meat per wonton), sprinkle shredded cheese (about 1 teaspoon) per wonton over each and add one Tablespoon of the salsa on each. Put muffin pan tray back in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until each wonton wrapper is lightly browned. I also added Taco Bell Mild Sauce on each after they were cooked because I had lots of those little packets in my fridge.
Another super easy recipe that held up well all week and still tasted great as leftovers!
Salsa
4 Roma tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 red onion
1 jalepeno pepper without seeds (careful getting them out- don't touch your eye!!)
1/2 cup Cilantro
1 garlic clove
juice from 1/2 lime
salt and pepper to taste
Chop all ingredients as you choose (sometimes I will put it in a food chopper) and enjoy! I really add whatever sounds/looks good, but this is usually what it includes.
Homemade Guacamole
Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
2 Avocado
Sprinkle of garlic salt
1 Roma tomato chopped
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste
Mash the avocado with a fork and then add the remaining ingredients and stir. Having never made this before I was completely disgusted when the next morning the remaining avocado I had planned to take for lunch was brown on top. Anyone have suggestions how to prevent this?
Enjoy!

A Bachelorette night treat?
ReplyDelete