Tuesday, May 8, 2012

5 Things

I haven't linked up with Moments That Define Life in a while and I thought this post sounded rather interesting.. 5 things about yourself that drive you nuts.


1.. I'm forgetful.  I don't mean to be, I actually can remember the most random, useless information about anything and everything. I can think of something at the most random moment, but remember to turn the dishwasher on before I leave, grab my checkbook, pick up something that needs returned and I am awful about remembering. Thus, I leave a post-it on my door to remind me to turn on the dishwasher. I also leave post-its next to the door knob for anything else I need to remember. I'm now so used to looking for my daily post-it, I think I'm forgetting something if there isn't one!



2.. I'm white. White as in Emma Stone white, I don't tan and I can burn on recess duty (and recess is 25 minutes) white. In my older wiser age, I've realized this just means I will have great skin in my later years if I take care of it, but to naturally get a tan would be awesome. I have also had to learn the hard way that I must take care of my skin, in 2006 after visiting Egypt I got a pretty horrific sunburn on my chest and legs to the point I probably could have visited the burn unit. People said the sun was different- apparently that means they are closer to the sun and not that I would come home a beautiful bronze. So now, too much heat and/or sun can lead to this if I don't wear sunscreen (This was after sitting in a garage for a garage sale all weekend and not even in the sun).


3.. I'm late or I'm extremely early. There is no happy medium, I'm either extremely early worried there will be a crowd or a reason I don't arrive on time or I lose track of time and I'm late. Only 5-10 minutes late, but it still drives me nuts. It's also annoying my car clock, watch and iPhone are all on separate time, but I suppose the iPhone is universal, right? So maybe I'm only 3-7 minutes late.


4.. I don't put my clothes away (that's right, Mom, I still don't.) Growing up I always had the theory if it's on the floor it's clean and if it's in the hamper, of course it's dirty. I have no problems putting dirty clothes in the hamper. Never fails, never done anything different. Folding, ironing and putting clothes away after they are clean is for the birds. Last week my apartment was being shown to some new bank lendor at our complex. Rather then putting away the GIANT mound of clothes sitting in the chair, I simply stuffed them in the dryer- random hangers and all. When I needed a shirt to wear I just pulled everything out to find what I was looking for and then shoved them all back in. I was in need of the dryer last night so I pulled them all back out and piled them back on the chair in my bedroom. This truly makes me insane, but no motivation to fix the problem. Maybe when school is out? 10 days, friends.

Current pile of clothes to put away and some more in the dryer...Don't judge, I'm fabulous in other areas


5.. I love sandwiches and salads. I could easily live on either, however I only want to eat them if I get them at a restaurant or someone else makes them. I don't think I can make them as well. It just doesn't taste the same. I could even use the same ingredients and I don't know what it is, but it's not the same. Am I the only one with this problem? Please tell me I'm not.

And now I'm wondering if the post title should be something about my quirks. I'm owning all of the things that drive me crazy, I try to correct them, but really there are so many other priorities in life, don't you think??

Linking up with the Listable Life series:


7 comments:

  1. Love the post-it thing!

    Basically we're identical on the whole laundry issue.

    That's why you need a house with a "special room". Hehehe....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you imagine how awful I could make a special room if I can make a chair look like that?!

      Delete
  2. You and I are same person. The. Same. Person.

    Except that I can't reupholster chairs. And I iron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! I do iron my khakis, but that's about it. Maybe one day a husband will fill my flaws??

      Delete
  3. Good GRAVY on the laundry. That cracks me up and makes me want to come and fix it all in the same moment. Don't get me wrong, I can grow me a pile pretty quick, but it goes away before bed every night. And I feel the same about salads and sandwiches. I bought sandwich items for lunch this week, it haunts me to make one. Put chips on it, it helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can actually make you a house key if you're wanting to start fixing that problem. I'll let you know my laundry schedule. Chips? On a sandwich?? I'm not so sure, but if you make the sandwich, I just might like it!

      Delete
  4. Haha I have a hard time with the clothes thing too :/ Want to follow each other doll?? Let me know!!

    Katie
    Belle De Jour

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.