1.. Thursday came the financial paperwork for my house and I signed my life, kidney, unborn first dog, and a million years salary towards my first home. Well, not actually that much, but there were numbers everywhere and I just signed on the line, initialed here or there, nodded and smiled. Less then 6 weeks ladies and gentlemen.
2.. I made my first true and official purchase for my lovely little home Thursday night at my favorite antique store, Leola's. They had an outdoor spaces event and I bought a little mint colored wooden box. I visualize it on the wall holding my daily jewelry. I also fell in love with an oval mirror with flowers. I tried to walk away but it called me back. I know, I know, just two days ago I posted about not spending any extra money, but this is my first purchase since I went under contract that wasn't grocery store related.
3.. I found a gift card from Teacher Appreciation week to Trade Secret! I forgot I had it and by golly, I needed an OPI fix to make me feel like I'm not on a spending freeze. I was hoping for a great mint/seaform/torquoise color but of course they were out. I refused to spend my gift card on another pink or red variation. I had $10 to spend that would have to last over 6 weeks so I made sure it was exactly what I wanted. I put those sample nails they paint in every color up to my fingers at least 3 times. I think the cashiers thought I was nuts. I ended up with Number One Nemesis- a Spiderman color.
4.. I tried out another class at the same place I've been taking Barre. This other class involves jumping jacks with 1 lb hand weights on a mini-trampoline for a couple minutes...and that's just the warm up! For an hour, you jump on the mini-trampoline with hand weights for a minute and then do a toning move on the ground and back and forth until you've sweat all you could possibly sweat and used up every ounce of energy humanly possible. And for some reason, I plan to go back at least once or twice a week to that specific class. I'm still loving Barre just as much, it's the best exercise I've ever done.
5.. Cheers for lemon cake! If I can't stop by Braum's for a single dip of chocolate in a cone a couple times a week then I most certainly plan to make some sweet treats along the way. This week's choice was lemon cake with lemon frosting. Yum!
Linking up with Lauren:

congrats on buying your first house! we jUST did this too! scary yet satisfying! especially if you love DIY which judging by your blog is your way of life!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kelly! It is very scary, but so satisfying. I'm so drained and my signature has already started to look like a doctor! HA!
DeleteYOU WENT TO LEOLA'S! Darn anniversary dinner!!! I wanna see what you bought!
ReplyDeleteI'm make a blog post for all of my findings this weekend!
DeleteThanks for coming by last night.....always good visiting with you. Sorry your sidekick, Danavee, couldn't make it but the Mr. definitely deserved her attention last night. So happy about your house....you're going to love being a homeowner & you'll be so good at it. I'll look forward to a tour. See you soon! Jan
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for you to come see it, Jan!!
DeleteCongratulations on your new home!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Thank you!
Delete