Friday, April 20, 2012

High Five for Friday!

I think it's becoming quite the tradition that it's Friday and I'm truly excited {and exhausted}.

Cheers to the 5 greatest events of the week:

  • State assessments are over. OVER. O.V.E.R. We tested two days last week and two days this week. It's draining. The kids are drained, but strangely wild and uncontrollable. Teachers have prepared students all year with the knowledge and skills to perform well and then I'm left walking around to monitor the class and think about five gazillion and one things that don't relate to testing because I don't want to know how good or lack there of each student might be doing. It's over...until next year. 
  • Last Friday night I checked my mail. I'm horrible about checking my mail and much to my surprise my Starbucks GOLD CARD was in my mailbox! Woot! Woot! It said it would take 6-8 weeks for delivery and only 4 weeks had passed so I was not expecting it. And with much self-discipline, I have yet to use it at all. 
  • I made an old favorite for dinner this week, stuffed peppers. They were ever so tasty and I will share the recipe soon!


  • I tried a Barre class this week! It was so much fun- painful, but fun! It involves lots of toning with light weights and the ballet barre for the leg work. I didn't get a picture of the place, but I will definitely be going back. They also offer TRX so when my Groupon expires for TRX classes at the other place I will be joining the new place.
  • I also received my Birchbox acceptance email! I feel like I'm joining the cool kids club. Everyone who blogs has a subscription and I was starting to get jealous of the exciting surprises you get each month. Wednesday was also my one year anniversary of joining Pinterest so I feel like this must be a great week in April for good things to happen. What will happen this time next year?!

Happy Friday!

Linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk:


 

22 comments:

  1. Yahoo for testing being OVER and Birchbox subscriptions and gold cards!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame the gold card on you! (In a great way though!)

      Delete
  2. Our testing is next week - I will be so glad when I can say "it's over!"
    s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, Pamela! It's so nice to say it's over for the year. And no absences in my room so we're completely finished!

      Delete
  3. I need to know about this Birchbox business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's $10 a month and you fill out a beauty profile so they send you products that go along with that like hair care, face stuff, nail polish, etc. Get on the wait list! You will want a nice monthly treat once Henry is born!

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of Birchbox (shows what a dedicated blogger I am). After all the testing, hopeing you have a wonderful weekend. Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan! I plan to relax and enjoy the weekend!

      Delete
  5. I must know what the Starbucks Gold card is!!!
    I've been getting my BirchBox's for a few months now and i am in LOVE...i've also heard about this new thing called the Beauty Test Tube. Do yourself a favor, don't look it it, it is masterfully tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHMYGOSH, Amy! Get a gift card at Starbucks and register it online. With each transaction you will receive a star (and there is an app to pay on your phone and watch your stars accumulate). After 30 stars in one calendar year you get a gold gift card with your name on it!!!! Then for every 15 stars you get a free drink. It's so worth it!

      Delete
  6. We just finished state testing yesterday and I'm so relieved! I agree that the kids are strangely wild. Here's to hoping they pull it together before Monday for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to laugh at your comment, let's truly hope they can pull it together by Monday! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I just signed up for the waiting list for Birchbox! How long did it take to get your acceptance email?

    Here my H5F:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/04/feel-good-high-five-friday-42012.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to say I waited about 2 weeks. Hopefully you get your soon and a box shortly after! Thanks for stopping by and I'll be visiting your blog.

      Delete
  8. You are going to love Birchbox, I literally squeal with excitement when I see that it has arrived. So nice to find another Missouri blogger! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to get mine now, everyone is commenting how much they love Birchbox! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Virginia has yet to take end of years! We have another month and I'm FREAKING out over math. One of my fifth graders asked me why I had a divisor of 2 when I'm splitting a number in half. Lord have mercy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your testing! May seems so late to take the tests, but I would certainly love a little more time to prep the kids.

      Delete
  10. Birchbox is the BEST thing ever - get excited! Also those peppers look amazing! I'm kind of in a food rut lately, but I might need to break out of it with those. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pepper recipe will be up tomorrow, so quick and very tasty! I am sooooo excited about the Birchbox arrival...hopefully it's soon!

      Delete
  11. Aaaah so jealous about your Birchbox subscription - I'm still waiting to be accepted! And hurray for the end of testing! Now you can teach what you want (well...kind of...) Sounds like a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've planned a nice relaxing poetry unit for the rest of April! Thanks for stopping by, Kate!

      Delete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.