Friday, April 6, 2012

High Five for Friday!

Here are my five favorite things from the week:

  • It's Good Friday and we have yet to have a snow day this year. This means I am currently sitting on the couch drinking coffee and watching the Today Show and I don't have to work today. Woot! Woot!
  • I finished the first book of the Hunger Games in a weekend and then like most others around the country, I NEEEEEDED to know what happened in book 2. It arrived this week and it's yet another great read. 
 

  • I'm loving my newest Scentsy warmer, Bride! It's bea-U-tiful!

  • I'm loving all of the WIWW posts with spring clothing and colors. I tried looking for some, but ended up loving these instead. Super comfy!


  •  Thursday was the first weigh-in for the Biggest Loser challenge at work. There are around 20 people involved. There have been secret sabotage plans, random brownies and cookies placed in the work room and lots and lots of fruits and veggies being eaten. Collectively we lost 63.8 pounds in our first week. Apparently that's the size of an average 3rd grader. I was down three pounds so I can't complain. Bring on the veggies and exercise!!
Cheers to the weekend!


Linking up with:








11 comments:

  1. Oh The Hunger Games. The second book was my absolute favorite. I just saw the movie this week and loved it so much. It might be my favorite book-movie ever. They are usually such a disappointment but this was a treat.

    Happy weekend!
    Julia @ A Whole Lot of Umph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get into Twilight and was hesitant about The Hunger Games, but I can't believe I waited this long to read them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love those Sperries. SO comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sperries are the bestest, congrats on the three pounds, hooray for Friday's off (jealous, but I work from 10-12 so I can't complain too much), love the new warmer, and... that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you eat lunch before or after the 10-12 time frame?

      Delete
  4. Three pounds? Are you exercising or just eating right? I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three pounds was just counting calories. I didn't exercise, but I thought about it! I used my food scale for everything too to make sure if it said a certain amount of grams or ounces that I wasn't going over. I'm hoping to start exercise tomorrow but still counting every calorie I put in my mouth which also helped me not to snack.

      Delete
  5. I'm trying to convince our HR manager that we need to do a Biggest Loser competition as well--she just recently had a baby so you'd think it wouldn't be so hard to get her on board!

    Found your blog via the Sunday Social--hope you'll visit my blogosphere as well!
    http://feauxcajun.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I'll definitely check out your blog! This week we only lost 18.8lbs collectively, but it was a 4 day weekend for Easter break. Still not bad that we are all motivated to work out more and eat healthier. :)

      Delete
  6. Andrea, this is awesome! I just read your reply above ... and for Easter break, that is still amazing! You don't even want to know what I ate over break. Luckily my dog keeps me walking, but the eating ... that's another story.

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.