I started blogging when I started teaching, 5 years ago this fall.
I decided it would be a fun way to remember my first year of teaching. Those moments and funny things the kids say. Stuff their parents would die if they heard their child saying.
It was fun, it still brings back fond memories of that year, but it wasn't enough. Then I decided to create a blog that could be about anything. Every day stuff. Crafts. Recipes. A great thought. Anything. And the inspiration for Spray Paint and a Staple Gun was born. In the warmer garage sale season, I am usually seen with spray paint and/or a staple gun as I like to revamp anything that deserves a little paint and love- hence my chair at the top of my blog. I love them.
That's the great thing about blogs. Each person has a little piece of the cloud to write what inspires them. Motivates them. A few rants, but mostly filled with love.
Weekly outfits. Furniture redos. Home decoration. Traveling the world. Recipes. Organization.Wedding planning. Chronicle their children's milestones. Family vacations. Small business ventures. The list is endless.
Why do blogs inspire?
It's because we support each other. We find someone with whom we have a connection. A total stranger who we can relate to. We want to learn more about their home renovation, outfit they wore at some point and posted on Wednesday, growing family, how they make their hair look so darn good, vintage thrifting finds, thrifty thoughts. We are interested in their recipes and their Craigslist finds. There are link ups that remind us to look back on the week and find the good, High Five for Friday! Normal people who have created a business and promote it through their blog. No one out of the ordinary, but someone who was persistent and consistent with their blogging.
All the while, it seems you have friends- old and new, all around the country who make checking your Google Reader even more exciting each and every day.
Who will update today?
And while no post should go without a picture, here is a lemon.
When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade..pr write a new blog post!
Linking up with:

Eeeeekkkk! Thanks for the blog love! Back at ya! I can't wait for YOUR new posts to POP up!
ReplyDeleteGood post!!!!
ReplyDeleteI felt the love while reading this... Love reading your blog friend! You are pretty darn swell.
ReplyDeletehehe - this is so true! Found ya through the blog hop :) && I also love finding people I can identify with - it's been surprising how many awesome relationships can be built in the blogging community!
ReplyDeleteBlog hops have been the best way to find new people who are similar! Thanks for stopping by, Kate!
Deletefound my way over from the blog hop. I completely agree. Blogging is such an inspiration. I love finding other like minded people.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by, Heather! It is comforting to find others out there who are just like us!
DeleteYou took the words right out of my mouth! The blogging world is so supportive! I am so glad that I am part of it! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
ReplyDeleteBecause Shanna Said So
Thanks for commenting, Shanna! I LOVE your blog!!
Delete