Sunday, February 19, 2012

Is It Too Late To Add Another Goal?

Goal #1 was to blog more often. I have to say I am keeping up with it pretty well for month two of 2012. It didn't hurt when Ashley called me out on the Book. I have ideas to blog about, but then the actual writing doesn't always happen. I thought about taking a picture and didn't. I decided something was worth blogging about after the fact. There are always excuses. Now I'm trying reallllly hard to make it a weekly habit if not more often. 

The rest of the goals are coming along. Slowly. You can't transform over night, so I gladly accept one of my goals becoming more of a habit. 

And because one of my goals is happening more frequently, why not add another goal to the list? I mean if we seem to accomplish all of our goals without replacing them, then what is the fun in that?

So here I am, ready to announce Goal #6: To take better (and more) pictures using the manual mode on my camera.     Wham! You didn't expect that last part! 


This little guy is my current camera. While I long for the day I have a real pretty black Canon, professional looking, high-rolling, I can take amazing photos camera, I must first learn the ins and outs of a simple camera. I mean I didn't go from my tricycle to a two-wheeler overnight. It took some learning and adjusting and I think that same thing about my camera. 

I have found a few resources to look over to help speed the understanding process of my photography endeavor. This is geared more towards DSLR cameras of my future. While it's not time for a Christmas tree, this post might also help understand some of the functions. 

Who knows, photography might be my hidden talent and I'll need to upgrade my camera sooner rather than later!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This could be a loooonnnnnggggggg learning process. It's just so much easier with the iphone!

      Delete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.