Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Goals, Not Resolutions

It's probably time to put some goals down on paper the cloud.
I refuse to make resolutions,
I really think it means it's bound to fail in my mind. 
So now that it's almost February and the rush of January has almost passed, I think it's time to plan to accomplish some goals in the blogosphere and life in general.

Goal #1:
Blog more often.
Isn't this typical of most bloggers? 
I'm not sure exactly how some bloggers have enough to write about every.single.day.
I most certainly would if I could find the ideas {or time}. 
Weekly blogging?
That's not too incredibly hard is it??
I suppose you should check back by February 3rd to see if I made it through one week!

Goal #2:
Finish projects I start.
For instance, give out the Christmas present gift I've made a coworker. :)
Use the smashed toilet paper rolls I've cut. 
Complete the washer jewelry I started.
Hang-up the painted frames I have sitting all.over.my.apartment
My list of projects is never ending and I noticed while cleaning I have way more unfinished projects than necessary.
One reason I can't finish most of them is that I need to spray paint them. 
Another reason is that I live in an apartment so I don't want to nail everything into the wall. 

I also realize accomplishing goal #2 would actually help me achieve goal #1.

Goal #3:
Sell lots of Scentsy!
My one year Scentsy-versary is coming up in April and I've definitely blown myself away with such a successful business.
However, Scentsy is adding new brands and products this Spring with body lotion, shower gels, sprays, etc as well as a fondue in May.
I also want to build a Scentsy team and now is the prime opportunity to get involved to earn extra money!

Goal #4:
Simplify.
Umm, for those that grew up with me, I was always the Girl Scout that believed less was not more. 
The bigger, the better, 
the more you could collect, pile, stash, store, save was the way to be.
I'm not a hoarder by any means.
I have a tendency to buy things in two's. 
A strange, you-never-know-when-you-might-need-this type of craziness.
Now I'm trying to buy only one of something and actually enjoy it.
I've also discovered a newly formed claustrophobia.
Too much clutter and unorganized mess causes shallow breaths.
So I will simplify this year and rid myself and my home of unnecessary items. 

Which again ultimately refers back to Goal #1 as I will be able to document the simplification process.

Goal #5:
To be healthier.
Eat out less.
Follow Jillian Michael's advice- food should have a mother or have grown from the ground. 
More fruits.
More veggies. 
More natural.
I gave up dark soda on October 22 and dreamed I was drinking an ice-cold Pepsi over the weekend.
I'm not really sure what that dream meant, but my headaches have decreased. 
Healthier equals happier. 

More home cooking probably could lead to more Goal #1 becoming possible. 
I've noticed quite the trend in order to help my blogging. 
I might need to remind myself of those things in a month or two.

My bucket list has grown over time, but I think surely I will accomplish some of these goals throughout 2012. I'll get to my bucket list another time!

4 comments:

  1. Seems many of us have the same goals. I'll be watching how you accomplish yours -- maybe it will help me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO SCHLAGER! Yes, please blog more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were smart, I'd remember to take pictures last night at the Paddle Party. Then I could blog twice this week. Goal #6: take more pictures to blog more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOA! I was behind on your blog!!! Maybe if you blog more, it'll rub off on me too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.