Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Should Mean You Have a Super Big Bowl For All The Food

According to Ashley, it's not time to eat healthy just yet. So with that in mind, I made some tasty treats to take to a friend's Super Bowl party. I found them both on Pinterest on Super Bowl Sunday so both were tasted for the first time with no time to spare making a new treat.

I found this recipe for mini apple pies. I modified the recipe to crescent rolls because I had them already.

I must say I was quite impressed with them. From start to finish, probably spent about 25 minutes on them. I cut 2 apples in 25 small slices. Used 1 1/2 crescent roll cans to cut each roll in half. Melted half a stick of butter and added some sugar and cinnamon and tossed the apples in the bowl to coat them. Then I wrapped the apple in the roll and baked for 14 minutes. Some were browning when I pulled them out and some weren't, but since they looked pretty tasty I would rather them look impressive than dark brown. The apples weren't crunchy and it melted in your mouth. So delish and very easy to throw together.

I also made mini corn dogs using this recipe. I decided to just use the standard Jiffy Corn Bread box mix and all beef hot dogs. I think I cooked them for about 10 minutes and I drizzled honey over a few of them. I was running out of time, which meant I didn't have time to put honey on the rest of them.

The Super Bowl always brings out more food than anyone can possibly eat, but it's always worth spending time watching the dreaded football game in order to see the commercials and eat the tasty treats.

No Super Bowl is complete without the halftime entertainment. Some people were excited to see Madonna perform, others were just excited to perform Madonna. 


6 comments:

  1. Those pictures were just from Like a Prayer only, it was a short lived concert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bummed I didn't try the apple pie yumminess. Thanks for the regular blogging. You are no longer on my black list. My goal is to post in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were phenomenal entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much. I'll be here all night.

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.