Snow was forecast for early this morning for the past week. Danavee was ready with her snow dance. She has been waiting for a snow day. In fact, I think she believed it would happen when she dropped by at 9:20 last night just to pick up the ironing board cover for the giveaway winner. I, on the other hand, was adamant we would not be having a snow day.
I suppose it's a good thing we work for different districts. She got her snow day and I had to work. Not that I was excited to work, but that makes us one day closer to summer and that makes me more than happy.
I'll admit reading her blog post today and thinking all day long about what my friends from other districts were doing made the long snowy, day seem endless. The countless Facebook photos of snow angels, snowball fights, and baking were painful. But while my friends were busy trying not to get bored, I was busy assessing multiplication and division, discussing prefixes and suffixes and also border states in the Civil War.
It wasn't much, but it did snow all day. This is what little is left in the parking lot. I did manage to leave right after work, stopped for a few groceries and still made it to watch tv and relax on the couch by 5pm. So I enjoyed my cold snow evening on the couch!
And in case you didn't see on Danavee's blog, the giveaway cover is complete and being delivered!
I hope you like it, Cathy!
How did we both get what we wanted??? How lucky! I thought about you today, whilst I curled up with Sir Chester.
ReplyDeleteIt is a little crazy considering only two districts didn't cancel school today. I thought about you too when I was eating jalapeno poppers and thinking we could be eating mexican on a snow day.
ReplyDeleteI actually thought about the Sombrero more than once!
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't as exciting as I had envisioned it -- kinda' wish I'd gone to Leola's. I didn't have to change out of my pj's though. You did a great job on the ironing board cover. Also, I posted the recipe for the bread if you haven't checked yet. It sounds complicated but it's soooooo easy & you'll love it. If you have any questions, my #'s in the phone book.
ReplyDeleteoooh, thanks Jan! I will have to try that. Can you buy yeast at Mama Jean's in the amount you need or in packets? I might try buying sea salt and grinding it. My mom has rubbed off on me and I try to use it sparingly.
ReplyDelete