Wednesday, June 27, 2012

One Day This Will Be Funny

Normally the blog is full of the better and brighter sides to life, but this post will one day remind me it could have been worse and it's funny how things work themselves out. I just haven't figured out exactly how they will work themselves out. Yet.



The disappointing news is that I was supposed to close 2 weeks from today, but because Missouri has some type of Mechanic's Lien on new construction, I have to wait until the builder anticipated final completion and that wasn't until after our original closing date. 


The exciting news would be that I am T minus 2.5 weeks to closing on my very first house. It's complete. It's beautiful. And it has passed inspection. {Pheeew} Aside from some basic functional and/or cosmetic fixings, there was not one single major fix. They forgot to put door knobs on a bedroom closet - seriously? How do you forget that and especially when someone put the doorknobs on the shelving in the laundry room. One of the boards under the kitchen counters was placed in backwards, the main bathroom door shuts but doesn't latch or lock currently, so simple things.

  

The disappointing news the light under my microwave never worked at my apartment, but I replaced it as my lease is up on Saturday and bulb replacement is $3 per bulb by the apartment.

The exciting news is that had I realized how cool it would be to have a light under my microwave to light up the stove while cooking, I would have changed the thing a loooooong time ago. Fortunately Home Sweet Home has a working under microwave light that I already tested out.


The disappointing news would be two weeks ago when I decided I would do my own pedicures to save money for all things house related and dropped my iPhone in the pedicure water. 

The exciting news is that I was able to get the white newer version that I wanted two years ago when the iPhone 4 came out, now I get to talk to Siri when I'm bored. It's faster, has more storage and I was eligible for an upgrade anyway. 



I thought it was bad to be spending money on a new phone....
 

The disappointing news is that my check engine light came on yesterday. It's only come on twice in the 6 years I'd had my car, so I knew I needed to get it checked. The horrific news would be needing a new engine ($2,000-3,000) only 3 weeks away from signing on my first home. There are also several other things I need fixed that I haven't so really this punch list is much more expensive- new axle, brakes and tires. I have the original model of Ford Escape and the original engine. Ford doesn't make this engine in the new Escapes because of this problem after the engine reaches about 100,000 miles. I'm at 120,000.

The exciting news to this is..well..umm..uh...hmmmmmmm...I'm still trying to figure out?! I always said I would never consider getting a new car until I could park it in a garage. Apparently I need to be more specific with my intentions, because I clearly did not mean the day or week I bought a house and I most certainly never planned for all things to happen at once. However, I woke up this morning with the clarity that it could be much worse in many other ways.



And so this post will one day remind me when things are bad, sad, or rough that is was once an expensive summer. The most expensive summer of my life. In fact, the iPhone breaking, car having a "heart attack" cars, and closing on the home will all be within 30 days of each other. Therefore, one day, many, many, many days from now, I will look back on this post and think it was funny amusing, maybe??

So to those who might be reading this post and would like to contribute to the new car fund, I'll gladly accept PayPal donations or you're welcome to throw spare pocket change in a hat while I play the guitar on my iPhone and sing and dance at the same time. Or if you happen to find a blog doing a car giveaway rather then the usual jewelry- please let me know!



It could always be worse. It could always be worse...

4 comments:

  1. HA! Paypal! Excellent idea. Or a car giveaway would be even better.

    I'm sure sorry all this junk happened within days of each other, but it'll all be okay! Promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, when it rains it pours! The week I closed on my house we had a gas leak, got a flat tire, and broke our new dining room chair so I know where you're from! Pretty sure I was hemorrhaging money that week. I know things will start to look up soon and congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it must be overwhelming but you are so blessed to be able to do all those things at one time. You will laugh about it someday. You go, girl! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bllooowwsss!!! Sorry friend. Perhaps you should get a motorcycle. Cheaper and it would solve the messy car issue. I can totally see it.

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.