Friday, June 8, 2012

Hello Friday!

It's Friday again. And once again I confused my days, but I have been productive. I shall call this "The Week of the Furniture."

And in true Friday fashion, I'll bring you the 5 greatest things of the week.


1.

I found a headboard and remembered I had tucked away a couple handkerchiefs from a local sale which I plan to make into pillows. The headboard isn't what I've envisioned for a while, but it was truly perfect and love at first site.


2.

Monday night during our Bachelorette viewing, I noticed an awful lot of stormy clouds from friends on Facebook. I decided to investigate and took my own crafty picture of the other girls Instagraming their storm pictures. 
I also got this great one of the rain, but the rain was only in one spot. I could have watched these clouds for hours. Unfortunately, the rose ceremony was calling.


3.

I'm not at just under five weeks until closing...that is if everything goes well with the building and inspections. I decided to go fridge shopping. It's much harder then I imagined. I'm drawn to the bottom freezers. Anyone have an opinion from experience?
4.

I inquired about a handful of pallets at a friend's work to make into various projects. It was approved to take as many as I wanted so I got the crafty idea to call a friend whose husband has a flatbed trailer. They loaded the trailer with pallets galore.Sadly, pallet deconstruction is incredibly, horribly, make-you-strain-every-muscle hard. 


This is the final product of the husband and wife team. It's a beautiful headboard and has been sanded down and has a clear poly coat. My dream projects might have to wait.


5.

Most importantly, it's a big week for my British heritage. The Queen's Jubilee! 60 years on the throne!  My mom and I spent a lot of time watching live on the BBC's website. None of my cousins went to any of the events for pictures, so I don't have any to share. I do love the Royal family. You can buy teacups, plates, tea towels, you name it with the Royal Family. I just might have Will and Kate postcards on my fridge and a tea towel. And my mom attends the monthly British Club meetings in the area. You can say we're strong supporters. 


Linking up with Lauren: 


16 comments:

  1. I love your new headboard.

    How can you have an ice maker in a bottom freezer frig?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I looked at had two drawers in the freezer and the top left made the ice. I have pictures to show you tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Freezer on the bottom for sure!!! I hate side by sides!!!!!!!!!! Just be cautious of where the ice is, ice is an important food group and you don't want it hidden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice is an incredibly important food group!

      Delete
  3. I have a bottom drawer freezer and I lurve it! We have an ice maker that sits in the top pull out drawer ( I think mine is a little wonky though because the sensor that tells it that the bin is full of ice is sometimes blocked so when I open the freezer ice sometimes spills all over the floor. But that rarely happens especially when using ice throughout the day)

    I am surprised by the amount of space a bottom drawer freezer allows and we eat a ton of freezer food. I have found that removing items from their boxes makes things fit better. Do you guys have dent and scratch stores in your area? I bought by $1300 french door fridge for $600 because it had a dent I couldn't even see near the bottom. I thought I would be all "I need brand spankin' new" but surprisingly I'm cool with it.

    Wow. That's a lot about fridges. Good luck with fridge hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all of your information, Sara! That is one heck of a deal and I will be asking for the dented one. HA!

      Delete
  4. I've never had a bottom drawer freezer but I imagine it would be more energy efficient, like a chest freezer. You'll have to let us know what you decide on! BTW, that pic of the rain is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing and the guy at Lowe's said cold air sinks and the freezer on the bottom helps that. I'll be sure to blog about it!

      Delete
  5. I like bottom freezers! I always feel like heat rises and that somehow affects the freezer.

    Love the pic of everyone taking pics of the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a bottom freezer and I really like it! It makes sense for us, because we're definitely in the fridge more than the freezer, and everything in the fridge is right at eye level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way, so it does sound like a good option for me. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the truth about suing pallets to make beautiful things! I am always so tempted ... but now i may consider skipping that project! You pallet project tunred out beutiful tho!

    Hope youhave a great weekend!
    -Simone
    @ busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so disappointing. I'm going to give it another try this week, but I might have to come up with something different.

      Delete
  8. I am swooning over that headboard - such a pretty color, too!

    Your picture of your friends taking pictures made me giggle. Such sweet moments in life... and it's not that often you get really great storm pictures (well, for me at least!).

    I've never had a bottom freezer but I love the idea behind it. I bet it's easier to access more of your frozen food that way. Good luck on that decision!

    Sara @ You.And.Me.Are.We

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! The headboard turned out amazing! I suppose it's much more enjoyable when you know how much blood, sweat and frustration went into it!

      Delete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.