Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, New You


BAHAHA!
Such a typical New Year's blog post title.

New Year's Eve was spent with some great friends.
Of course I only use my iPhone for pictures (even though I have a nice little digital camera) and I don't have pictures of the fun.
I do have mental snapshots. :)

However, I did capture pictures of the food. 
This was only some of the dessert.
A stipulation of being invited was using a Pinterest recipe.


Anyone that knows me well knows this is a priority for me.
Danavee knows I have a tendency to get a little hangry (hungry + angry) when we garage sale too long and I am in need of some lunch.

I wish I had pictures of the 2nd annual Kinect Dance Central dance-off.
It's a tear-jerker every time.
It's truly some of the funniest entertainment this side of Branson.
(I've also never seen a Branson show so I guess that's not a fair comparison.)

*****

Since it is 2012 and resolution time, although I do believe July 31 is the time of New Year's for teachers, I thought I would share some of the best-tasting and darn cute cookies Nancy made for the evening.


I will share some goals I've made for 2012 in the coming weeks.
I can't say resolutions because that word indirectly means failure in my mind.
Goals, on the other hand, are checked off fairly easily once I put them in my mind.

*****

And before you go, here is the final product of my most expensive calendar.
I picked it up today and was very pleased.
Sonya at Village Pottery Cafe even said she took a picture to put on her Facebook page, so stay tuned!



7 comments:

  1. I've got my own set of mental images too. Hehehe...and a few snapshots on my phone. Blackmail....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need the third annual at my house soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! Thank you for the compliment on the cookies! I love your calendar, I need to see it in person though. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that word "hangry". I think I'll be useing that. The food looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hangry is a Pinterest word, Jan. I wish I could take credit for it, but it's definitely a true feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this!!! I hope you don't mind, but I am going to have to make one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't mind! Too bad you didn't see it before Kaitlyn's party or else you could have done it then or else it gives you a good reason to take her back to paint.

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.