Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Week of Firsts

Lots of great photos to share from the last several days.

Normally when my students bring snacks to share for birthdays or Star Student week, they bring the usual grocery store cupcakes.
Not last Friday! 


This beauty is a red velvet cupcake from Star Cakes!
They are also the Living Social deal until tomorrow.

Normally you are offered 6.34 billion store bought cupcakes as a teacher.
You graciously accept and usually don't eat it because you can't.eat.another.store.bought.cupcake.


They are oh-so-good.

Last weekend, I had my first shellac manicure. 
I'm hooked.


The color is Bella's Vampire and then they have glitter on the bottoms.
These aren't even salon nails, they were done by a sweet friend's cousin. 
Who by the way, has an awesome Etsy shop.

I even walked away with some of her Oatmeal Milk and Honey Gourmet Foot Scrub!


I thought I was pretty savvy with the sewing machine, 
but Bekah's set-up is pretty sweet.
She has her mind set on a goal and it gets accomplished!

Yesterday was a work day to learn about the new national curriculum coming our way. 
Not only did I get lots of compliments on my nails,
I was also fortunate enough to have my first hour and half lunch as a working woman.
AND we were at the farthest south-side school so I could come home for lunch.
U.N.H.E.A.R.D. of ever in my working life and normally I have 25 minutes.
That is wait for the kids to be served, heat and eat lunch, go to the bathroom, check my mail and pick them up in a short 25 minutes. 

This yummy lunch almost cost me my jacket. 


In a rare, freak accident, my jacket's zipper melted and was rapidly melting upwards while a cloud of burning plastic smoke was heading for my face. 
The only thing I could say was "Holy House Fire!"

After tossing the jacket, my lunch was quite enjoyable.

4 comments:

  1. I got the shellac & I loved it until I went in to have it redone -- they have to sand it off. I'm not kidding, they used a little rotary sanding device. Yours look great! Love the jacket-on-fire story -- made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Shellac removal is not fun. At all. But it looks so pretty while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Andrea's Shellacer ;) FYI if it is too harsh on your nails to have it removed that way, you can soak them in pure acetone while you are watching tv and it will come off that way too.
    Andrea- did I miss something, what was causing your zipper to melt?!?! And those cupcakes look pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have acetone remover. I will be buying that since I've yet to buy any power tools! :) So far they still look great.

    I don't know if it was the pan or the burner that my zipper touched?

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.