Friday, December 30, 2011

The Most Expensive Calendar I've Ever Used

My old friend, Lauren recently hosted our 8th annual Christmas Brunch with a bunch of girls we grew up with. 
We started this tradition the year we graduated high school and it continues to this day.
This year though, my excitement grew after I saw the calendar she had hanging in her home.
It wasn't just any calendar, it was a painted plate that turns into a dry erasable plate when it's fired.
Having painted at Firehouse Pottery regularly growing up and working there in college, 
I knew I was destined to make my own reusable calendar plate.

Lauren used clip art to help her design the plate and it took about 5 hours. 
I, on the other hand, have little patience for long drawn out projects like that and decided to go for a much more simple plate.
(My next calendar plate will have clip art designs because I plan to make more in my lifetime.)

Here is the picture before it has been glazed and fired.

I was so excited I had to share it now rather than wait until it gets back next week.
Lauren was also happy to go along and painted a basketball inspired mug for her husband, Steven.
He is the assistant coach for the Republic boys basketball team and they won the Gold division at the Blue and Gold tourney yesterday!


It certainly didn't take five hours to paint, but it did take a little longer since we decided to eat lunch there too!
Lauren had the ham and cheese quiche with a salad and I had a grilled cheese and potato soup!
SOOOO delicious.
If you haven't painted and/or eaten at Village Pottery Cafe in Republic, you must go!

I will post an updated calendar picture after I pick it up next week!
So while this was the most expensive calendar I will ever use, it will also last for many years.

2 comments:

  1. Good idea! I love Village Pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your calendar and I love Lauren's cup! And of course love Village Pottery!

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.