Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Piece That Almost Got Away

Slowly I'm finding a place for decorations. I don't want to get crazy with nails in the walls, but here and there I have found most of my wall stuff is finding its home. One place in particular I had a small vision for, but couldn't place my finger right on a design piece was a wall in my bedroom. I found a door as a headboard, a tall piece from an old hotel between the windows, my Leola's trunk for my tv, but the fourth wall had nothing.

For the last two weeks, every time I got out of the shower I would stare at that wall. It's not the first thing you see in the room, but it's the only thing you can see from the master bathroom. I wanted something tall, but not too tall to compete with the wall with the windows. I was stumped.

Yesterday, my sweet friend Lauren and I decided to make a day trip antiquing. We headed towards Seymour and planned to head towards Mammoth Springs, Arkansas. Our first stop ended up being the best place of the day. I found a few good pieces, commented on a cute dresser, found some great old and working iceboxes, and then we were on our way.

This morning I woke up and realized I had found a chicken feeder- the rectangular one with the wire sections- and even said to Lauren, "I need this. I've always wanted one." However this morning I realized this was a now or never situation. I text my design guru, hoping she'd say to get in the car fast. Instead she talked me into looking at Amazon, eBay, Etsy and the like. Nothing was as good or at the same price. So I offered to pick her up and off we went to pick up a chicken feeder I just haaaaaaad to have.

I also happened to find that same dresser from yesterday and decided that would work perfect for the space in my bedroom and before we could blink it was being tied to the top of my car. (Because the inside was already full with another project I've yet to leak)...


After careful removal from the top of my car, it was time to stage. I have quite the collection of empty frames I've painted every color imaginable and it was time to create a gallery wall.

First we laid the frames on the floor to decide what looked best.


After we found the design we liked and I took a picture to remember, we started adding them to the wall. We are very scientific with our measurements. We used our fingers and chalk. 


We ended up with the gallery wall and it was ready for white spray paint.


I think the finished project is fabulous. I love, love, love it!





2 comments:

  1. HA! Fingers and chalk! Love it! LOVE THE FINISHED LOOK!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good!!! Never be afraid to put holes in your walls. Keep a little sample of your paint in a jar and some spackling compound and you can fix anything. Love the little chest. Have a good week. Jan

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.