Monday, November 7, 2011

Go Porpoises!

 This past weekend my brother and I traveled to see my Dad and step-mom. 
Along the way I said I wanted to stop at every antique store I found and surprisingly my brother said "eh". 
"Eh" is much better than "NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT!"

We didn't stop at every single store we saw because I have little competitions with myself and the other cars traveling in the same direction and I didn't want to get stuck behind them at any given point. 

We did stop here.


This little jackpot let me score many fun items I knew I had to have because I wouldn't be traveling this way any time soon.



The Polar Bear feed sack I plan to make into a pillow. 
The Hershey's Kisses tray matches a tin I have and one I had growing up.
I found 7 of the glass plates and cups to add to my collection. I now have enough to throw a small party!
The pitcher looks perfect for lemonade with a few slices of fresh lemon, lime or orange. 
(That's my secret ingredient to good lemonade--fresh squeezed orange juice and a little slice to compliment the drink.)

*********

The whole reason for the road trip was to go to a Kanasas City Chiefs game. 

Random hand holding couple


This was a horrible game for the Chiefs against the Miami Dolphins. 


One of the best parts of the game was hearing a man yell "Go Porpoises" throughout the game. 
It was also Military Appreciation Day which led to my dad getting the tickets. 

B52 fly over after National Anthem

For a November afternoon, it was beautiful weather and even in the shade for the entire game we were never too cool or too warm. 

And I watched Reggie Bush. In person. Which made me feel a little closer to Kim Kardashian.


******

The Chiefs pictures were taken using Instagram, an iPhone app (except Reggie because I needed to zoom). I really like they the pictures turned out!


2 comments:

  1. Cracking up.

    LOVE the pitcher! How much was that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think $8 or $12. It will be so perfect this summer while we sip lemonade sitting in my backyard!

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.