Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Buble Baby!

For weeks now, Nancy, Danavee and I have been dreaming of seeing Michael Buble, for weeks now I tell ya!
I tried to find a way to get early tickets from a former students mom, no such luck.
I tried to call in to the radio, but I'm horrible at remembering lyrics and you had to know them.
...And I don't know 95.5's number...

Then, the phone rang. 
Nancy had some great news about finding the fan club validation code.
I tried it, it worked and the rest would seem like history.
Or so one might think...
Instead, the seats were high up, as in change-your-baking-directions-altitude-high.
By this point Nancy was home and trying on her computer as well.
After numerous attempts hitting the back button, typing funny letters, funny letters again because I couldn't decipher them, and enter a few more times, we had secured seats 4, 5, 6 and 7, 8, 9 in the same section AND the same row. CRAZY, I know!

 I jump to get my credit card and come running back. (There is only 1 minute and 30 seconds to get through the process before you "lose" your tickets.)
And my computer screen is BLANK, BLACK, NO LIGHT, NOT WORKING, OFF!

I scream.
Nancy screams.
Nancy screams again that see is ok, (Brian was concerned by her scream).

Deep, slow breaths and many hours (well minutes, but this was seriously taking forrrrever),
the computer is back on.

After a few more attempts,
we were able to land tickets 1, 2, 3 and 4, 5, 6 in the same section AND the same row. 
So now, we will sing Buble all night long and hope we don't hit out head on the rafters if we jump up and down.



2 comments:

  1. Or fall to our death from the steep incline! Hehehe....

    THANKS A MILLION for working with Nancy and securing seats. I dub this the "year of the concerts."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun to read. Change-your-baking-directions high.... Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Now, if only my love, John Mayer would come to town....

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.