Saturday, April 2, 2011

Whiteside Was Good To Me

Today led to some great finds. 
I think the warm sunny weather was the leading factor. 


I attended my first two estate sales on Whiteside. Never heard of this street before, but finds were plenty!

Pictures of a few finds...
Screwdrivers! 3 of them for $1, the yellow one has more attachments inside!
I can fix things now.


These beauties came with giant lampshades. I'm in the process of finding some new ones to revamp.


I also found a half filled box of Shiny Brites. Nothing too special, but will definitely come in handy for the booth if we are still successful in the winter.

...Booth? What booth? 
I'm sharing a booth at Relics with some fab friends...more on that to come. 

After a quick visit to a local thrift store I found a wine rack. 
It's a little wobbly, but I'm thinking a good hammer swing might even it out.


Nothing a little metallic spray paint can't fix!

I also finished my Salvation Army end table.


I couldn't find knobs that fit anywhere.
I am probably nearing the limit of knob purchases and returns.
The originals were awful and ugly.

My charming Mom suggested spray painting them...
who ever would have thought that Mom's advice would work out?!
(Love you Mommy-kins)


2 comments:

  1. That Salvation Army table is to. die. for. I love it.

    Can't wait to see lamps with mirrors flanking the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who ever would have thought those knobs would still look good?! I love it too!!

    Lowe's didn't have similar round shades, only really small ones. I thought I'd check Target tomorrow maybe.

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.