Sunday, March 13, 2011

Naming a Blog is like Naming a Baby

Danavee and I stopped by our favorite store, Leola's on Saturday for their spring open house. Jan showed up when we got there which made the whole visit even better! Before she showed up, Kenda recognized Danavee from her blog. Even though we aren't famous (except maybe in the eyes of our fourth graders), it's exciting when someone notices your work.

We talked blogs and lots of them! 

Kenda said naming your blog is like naming your baby. It's true. When I decided to keep a personal blog and not just a blog about my classroom, I was at a loss. I wanted a cute name that people would remember.

I decided on "When Life Gives You a Lemon," 
except there are so many variations of that, I couldn't remember my actual title or web address.
How was I going to make a living on my blog like Young House Love or Katie Bower if I couldn't remember my own web address?!

After scoring some great deals on Saturday, it hit me, if I was going to revamp my finds on a warm spring day, I needed two things:
spray paint and a staple gun
Spray Paint and a Staple Gun-
How cute is that?
That's what I use and it's about as advanced as my power tools collection could be at the moment.

A successful Saturday is the reason for the change.
It's a good change. And now I will remember my web address!

3 comments:

  1. How could we work Rit Dye in there? Hehehe.....
    Love the new name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a completely red hand earlier. Completely red on both sides, nail beds, etc. Then my other hand turned green and later gray. If I used Rit Dye in there it might have included a bad word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh! I LOVE this new name! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.