Thanksgiving Thursday was small and casual, which I love about Thanksgiving. I did get hit in the face with a throwed roll, Lambert's style. I was warned, but it's not my fault I don't have great catching skillz.
Black Friday shopping started at the usual hot spot Target at 10pm. The crazies had already came and conquered, normally we are one of the crazies waiting in line, but when it opens so early, there is no point. Fashionably late is how it happened this year. My priorities were set from the beginning I was along for the ride, I would tackle the Starbucks line, while a friend who has children had present priorities. I waited almost 40 minutes for a Starbucks, but it was worth it. The line to pay at Target was far worse. Imagine the farthest corner of the store from the cash registers and then imagine snaking in and out of every.single. food aisle followed by every.single bath/beauty/pet/cleaning aisles before getting to pay. While some are turned off by this, I find Target's tactics to be well-planned and quite organized. It also helped because I needed dish soap, mascara, a dish cleaning wand for a Pinterest inspired project and I managed to get all of this while waiting in line. Oh, did I mention we waited 1 hour and 11 minutes to pay? It was still worth every minute. Maybe the two cups of coffee helped keep me calm?
It didn't end at Target either, about 1:30 in the morning we made our way over to Toy-r-Us, which had an empty parking lot. It's all about strategy, you must wait for those far crazier than Target guests to leave Toys-r-Us. These are the men and women who tend to get hostile. It was so empty, we had time to walk around and casually look around. I found the cutest Peanut's stuff. You think this is a joke, but we did not even wait in line while we were here. After Toys-r-Us, we went to the mall, tried on sunglasses, found some steals at New York and Co and then ate Chic-fil-a at 2:10am. Forget all of my theories on eating after 8, but this was one meal I inhaled and thoroughly enjoyed. I even did a little Black Friday shopping from Instagram while I was out. Every time Laura posts a new necklace on her shop, I'm in love! I bought the arrow necklace. If you aren't following her on Instagram, you should- Bits of Splendor.
| I feel like I look a little like Eric Church with the mirrored aviators. |
Somehow Friday afternoon I found the strength to go with a friend to watch a college basketball game. We are all alumni of Drury, so it was fun to watch and her husband is an assistant coach. They scored over 79 points so Andy's sundaes were only $1!
And if I didn't exert enough energy in such a short period of time, I also did a two hour Thanksgiving recovery Zumba class on Saturday.
Needless to say, the rest of the weekend was trying to recover. Best Thanksgiving weekend in years. ...But how many days until Christmas break??
Linking up with:

I love the pic of Mark on the roof. HAAA!
ReplyDeleteI have some Black Friday questions.......the mall was OPEN in the middle of the night? And the food court was too? This interests me. Very much. SO much that I would consider JUST that for next year.
2 hours of Zumba?! Holy cow, that is awesome!
ReplyDeleteNot gonna lie, I love that dish detergent! Not just because it smells amazing, but since it has Olay, it makes an amazingg bubble bath!
ReplyDelete