Friday, August 3, 2012

The Week That Never Ends...

I'm back! I have fully functioning U-Verse internet (which I love, is fast and working well) and I can blog about my week.

I have dreaded this day all summer, it's not my last Friday before I have to report back for work, that's next week, but I will be working in my classroom a lot next week so it feels like the end of summer. I was also waiting anxiously for this day because it marks the closing weekend of our local fair and I've worked every day at the fair since last Friday except for Wednesday. I worked in the air conditioning of course, so don't feel too bad for me!

This week's recap will be focused mainly on the fair and it's incredible people watching/food eating excitement.

1. 

I sell Scentsy. Scentsy started a second brand in May called Velata. It's a full size food safe chocolate fondue warmer and I've been working a booth at the fair to sell this awesome and fun product. Wednesday, the Scentsy Family started a third company called Grace Adele. It's full of purses, clutches, jewelry and more. I am in love. I am also a Coach purse girl, so I wasn't sure if I'd like the product, but I'm beyond psyched about it. Here are some pictures of the "Sarah" purse in black and the "Lou" clutch in zebra. The clutch fits in the front pocket and can be pulled out when you need a smaller purse. The "combine and save" options are incredible too. 





2.

The fair also brings great people watching. The picture below is fun and rated G. Not everyone was rated G.


3. 

The fair also brings new and unusual food. My body decided it can't take much more fair food after trying fried Oreos {not bad}, chocolate covered bacon {gag}, overcooked chicken tenders, corn dogs, prime rib sandwiches, nachos and hand-squeezed lemonade. Don't worry, it wasn't all in one day. This picture is a fried Oreo. It was a bit mushy.



4. 

After fair food starts to get the best of you, you make Paula Dean Monster Cookies. They are a sure fire hit to please everyone in the booths around you. This is Mitchell, my fair helper. This kid knows Scentsy Family product like the best of them. 


5.

This last picture taken earlier this week is something you don't take for granted when you have lived in an apartment and can't see the sky very well. I have the best view of the sun setting in the evening and that makes the expense of moving and furnishing a home more then worth it!


 6. 

I almost forgot one of my most favorite things from this week is the Olympics. I look forward to it and can't watch any other show! Sweet little Gabby and the rest of the girls gymnastic team are so fun to watch. 


Linking up with Lauren:

9 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...fair food. Our State Fair starts today. I won't be heading out to it until next week though. I can't wait to partake in some of the fair goodies and check out all the exhibits.

    Mosied on through from H54F!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fair sounds like the best time, and you highlighted two of the best parts. People watching and food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are done at the fair!!! Not glad we're down to one week which will be spend in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am right there with you on the "no view in an apartment" thing! I'm still waiting for a house with a good view like that though! haha! Eventually :) Also, about the fried oreos - those things are insane. I could only eat one before my stomach started complaining. lol
    -S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe it's time for school to start but it somehow gives me hope that it might eventually bring a cool breeze. Hope you have a fantastic year. There's nothing like the thrill of your first house.....you did good! It was great having lunch with you and Danavee. Hope we can do it again soon. By the way, it's sprinkling at my house this morning. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working at the fair sounds fun, but draining. I hope you had a good time and sold a lot! Good luck in the classroom next week!

    Happy Friday!
    Amber @ Tiny Turtles

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooohhhh!!! Fried Oreos are the BEST! You can even make them at home if you're really desperate for some crazy indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Blog is cute ♥
    If you have time you can also check out my blog,
    I just shared Buck the Bank Holiday I would love to hear your comment about the shoes.. Thanks Dear

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fired Oreo's.....I think I will just stick with chocolate covered oreo's. I love the view from your house! Can't wait to come down to see it!!

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.