Monday, July 25, 2011

Weddings and Concerts, That's How I Roll

Besides teaching summer school, I have attended two weddings and three concerts. 
It's been a busy summer to say the least and sadly it's quickly coming to an end. 

The first wedding was for Ashley and Chris
The wedding was at Tuscan Hill and it was a beautiful evening!

Sarah Carter continues to amaze me with her ability to capture the moment. Check out Ashley's slideshow here.

The second wedding for my cousin Ashley.
She married a great guy, James and it was so nice to see our huge family.
It seems we can never all get together due to work schedules, younger cousins and events and life being hectic.

The first concert of the summer was the Show-Me Music Festival.
Lacey was able to get free tickets through her work and we saw the last little bit of Little Big Town, One Republic and Tim McGraw. 

Tim has aged since we saw him last in 2006. 
It wasn't quite as good as being on the second row, touching his hand (twice)
and getting it all recorded on my camera, but an evening with Tim is an evening well spent. 
One Republic put on an amazing performance as well. 
I wouldn't have expected them to be that great.
The lead singer grew up in Oklahoma and spent lots of time in Springfield growing up while spending time with his grandparents, so it was nice to hear little stories about his time here.

Later that week, Nancy and I were able to work the internet system and score 6 side-by-side tickets for the Michael Buble concert. 
His music is grand, but his humor is fabulous. 




I couldn't believe how funny he was and what a great show!

Buble was impressive, but even more incredible was U2 at Busch Stadium.
Danavee, Wendy and I bought tickets in early November.
I knew we had decent tickets, but not even Danavee believed they were this good.
We were 6 rows from the field near the 3rd base line. 
We were quite thankful for the seats after our feet hurt so incredibly badly.
And this delightful video was taken on my iPhone 4, might I suggest it while shopping for your next mobile device. So was the Buble video but we were close to the heavens which is why it doesn't look as good. 


The man talking at the beginning is Captain Mark Kelly "live" or so I thought, from the Space Station. Bono dedicated the song to Gabby Giffords.

1 comment:

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.