Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mirrors, Mirrors On My Wall

Dana-V and I are becoming quite the thrifting/antiquing/flea marketing gurus, I would like to believe. After a recent trip to Mikes Unique Flea Market Danavee pointed out these "beauties." Danavee, whom I will now refer to as my Decorating Consultant thought back to Joi's bedroom. I usually only follow blogs in my Google Reader, so I hadn't explored all parts of her blog, but boy am I glad I did! I. LOVE. HER. BEDROOM. More on another idea from her bedroom later. Here are my latest finds.

 Both are plain, dull, lifeless and duuuuuuussssttty!

My first thought was "Hot Purple," I think I actually meant bright purple, but "Hot Purple" came to mind.

Then I thought of a bright blue. I have black, green and white in my bedspread. I've been planning on painting my headboard, end tables and dresser white this summer. I would like an all white or gray bedspread in the future. With these things in mind, I thought the blue would add a pop of color that would/could work. 
The stars aligned, the clouds parted and the snow melted, leaving Sunday a glorious day in the 50's and don't you know I watched the temperature all day to be outside at the warmest time to paint these little beauties. 


 And I waited.

And waited.

Continued waiting. 

And I waited even more.

And then I grew antsy. 
It was only supposed to be in the 50's for a little while. THESE HAD TO DRY TODAY!

So I got an extension cord and a hair dryer. (I was too busy trying to help the sun to take any pictures.)

However, after a little more waiting, they dried nicely. 

And the final product:

Now for a much warmer and longer weekend to paint the headboard and nightstands. 


During our first snow day, I bought these old keys at Funtiques.

What do you think about hanging them above my headboard in a similar way to Joi?


2 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOVVVEEEEE!!!!!!!!! DYING!!!!!!!!! We need to go into business together. I'm telling ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a small space, that's all we need!! Just wait until the weather gets warmer and we can paint some more. I can already smell the fumes...oh wait, that's the spray paint smell from my bedroom. :)

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.