Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Freezer Meals Inspired by Pinterest

During the summer months, I spent endless hours on Pinterest.
One of the many amazing ideas floating around was to create freezer meals for a month.

While I was ambitious to try this, I didn't quite make a month's worth of meals.
However, with a giant shop of things I needed (along with the others for meals I wanted to make) 
I filled my kitchen to look like this.


After a lot of this


I soon had this


All prepped and all created in 2.5 hours.
On one Sunday afternoon I made and froze
2 bags of Orange Chicken
3 bags of chicken quesadillas (my own tasty concoction of ingredients)
1 large veggie pizza frozen in thirds (not so sure this new recipe will be very good)
Spaghetti sauce frozen in an ice cube tray so I can reheat only what I need 
and made a roast in the crock pot because after all of that cooking and cleaning I'm not about to work any harder for my meal!

I'm ready to try a few more recipes and possibly try cooking a few more meals to have on hand.
I also think I'm ready to break out the crock pot more often now the colder weather made it's arrival this week.

Speaking of Fall, Leola's open house is this Thursday! 
So excited I could dance like Michael Jackson.

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo for Leola's open house ANNNDDD cooking freezer meals ANNNNDDDDDD crockpot cooking!

    Annnddddddddd fall weather!

    ReplyDelete

Shazam! Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.